Luxury Link package..I just scored! Just bragging!

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Emos-closet, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I discovered luxury link about 3 years ago and found that their best values are if you purchase one of their package deals that includes accomodations, some meals, transfers and some interesting activities. I have personally purchased great deals on upscale packages to Puebla, Mexico, Palm Springs, Punta Cana, Italy, Peru, Sedona, and Chicago, but I am most excited by my latest score for 3 nights in Ubud, Bali!

I am getting all of this at the Royal Pita Maha, a 5 star resort, overlooking the Ayung River Valley. Price? I scored this deal using a 10% off code and got it for only $880!

Package for 2 includes:
    • Pool Villa
      • 1 king bed
      • Floor-to-ceiling windows
      • Private pool
      • Sun deck with day bed and river view
    • Roundtrip transfers between Denpasar Airport (DPS) and the hotel
    • Welcome cocktails and cool towels upon arrival
    • Fresh fruit basket and keepsake Royal Pita Maha gift in room upon arrival
    • American breakfast for two each morning, served at any on-site restaurant or in-room
    • Private dinner for two on one evening of your choice, served in-room, including bottle of select house wine
    • Afternoon tea for two each day, including Balinese sweets, served at Dewata Lounge
    • Half-day Deep Healing Program for two
      • 90-minute meditation and yoga class
      • 30-minute relaxation time by the pool, including beverage
      • 90-minute Balinese Deep Tissue Therapy treatment
      • Set menu lunch from Heart Healthy menu
    • Participation in scheduled yoga classes each afternoon
    • Guided trekking excursion to local village, rice fields and plantation on one day of your choice
    • Shuttle service to/from Ubud city center
    • Taxes & Service Charges
    Their website lists the room rate at $390.00 per night so the hotel cost itself is $1170.00. The extras that are not included in the rate, such as the spa treatments, transfers, dinner and lunch, I estimate to have a conservative value of $500. So, a total value is approx $1670...for $880...Score!

The price for my exact same package has gone up to $1589.00 on the luxury link website , so I am extra glad I jumped on this deal. If you are traveling to Bali, they have another great package for the Ubud Hanging Gardens hotel by Orient Express at the around the same price as I got mine. I highly recommend it, as Ubud is a very special place and having your own private Villa overlooking rice terraces and the river is just an awesome experience!

If you are unfamiliar with Luxury Link, it is an auction site, so my strategy on LL is to do my research , making sure that I am getting a good value. Call the hotel and find out if they have availabilty on the nights you would like to go and have a second date ready in case those are booked. You can also pay a little extra to guarantee your dates before paying anything (which I did for my Ubud package). Because of these packages, I have experienced things that I normally would never have chosen to do but have enjoyed very much and have added to my cultural understanding of a place. I have taken cooking classes in Puebla, private horseback tours through the countryside near Puebla volcanos, had a cleansing sauna experience performed by a Peruvian shaman, and had plenty of delicious meals and cocktails.

The package deals can be an amazing value , especially if used in combo with one of the many promo codes they send out. Often you can get 10% off the price for applying one of these at check out. The taxes and fees are always included.

If you like perks, unique cultural experiences and luxury travel, I highly recommend checking out the deals on Luxury link. I am attaching my referral link which gives me a credit for future travel if you should join and purchase a package along with a $100 off code for new members. ( I have had a friend use this code for a two night stay in Palm Springs, she got a deluxe room with fireplace, welcome bottle of wine, breakfast daily, and a three course dinner for two for about $100 bucks a night at the swanky Colony Palms Hotel) Strategize, due your homework and best of luck!

$100 off code: RETAILMENOT100

My link: http://www.luxurylink.com/invite/redazalea

Chimpy, Putra, tondoleo and 7 others like this.
  2. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've always been curious about Luxury Link but have never pulled the trigger on a deal due my limited flexibility with dates. I appreciate your tips about calling to find out if dates are available before bidding. Do you pay the resort to hold dates?

tondoleo and Kalboz like this.
  3. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No, I just call the front desk and explain that I want to stay at their hotel and am ready to pull the trigger on a luxury link package if they have these certain dates available. I ask about occupancy for the dates to get a sense of how busy the hotel is and how urgent it is to book . I always get the name of the person I speak to, find out what time they are off, and tell them my name. I make them undertand that I will be calling right back to book using the Luxury link reservation #. When you book through LL , they send a voucher to your email shortly after purchasing ( within 30 minutes in my experience), as soon it comes in, I call the hotel and ask for the person I spoke with earlier and book right away. Never failed for me.

If I am booking a trip far away from home, where they might not speak english, or on a different time zone that makes calling difficult, I will just pay a little extra to have my dates guaranteed . It takes about 24 hours for Luxury Link to confirm the dates but if they are not available, you don't pay a thing!

Another tip is to look up the hotel through a third party booking site and find out if they have the room available for booking as described in the LL deal. Some sites let you know exactly how many rooms of each type are available.

4. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I do not work for Luxury Link.

I just thought I would share my success with my fellow milepointers that may not know about the deals that are available on their site. I want everyone to have fun, luxurious travels!

5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is great info! Thanks so much for sharing your experience using Luxury Link.

Kalboz, uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  6. WanderLuster
    Original Member

WanderLuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this. I, too, have looked at luxury link a couple of times, but never pulled the trigger because I wasn't sure if it was 100% legit (seems too good to be true sometimes). I feel more comfortable after reading your successes with the site!

7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used LL, although not recently, and it is legit. However you have to do your homework to get deals like the one described in this thread (although a number of the 'extras' listed above are obviously included for all guests). Many of the offers on the site are not deals at all.

Kalboz, TAHKUCT, flyer_o and 3 others like this.
  8. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed RichardInSF -- some deals are just normal rates / benefits...

uggboy likes this.
  9. KRS

KRS Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used LL for the first time yesterday to book a 5 night package at the Intercontinental Hua Hin, with the $100 sign up credit and a $100 off coupon the total cost is $520 while the cheapest rate on intercontinental.com is $2150 and that is just for the room...

Sounds too good to be true but... :)

uggboy and Emos-closet like this.
  10. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That is true, but having used LL for 6 different vacations, I can vouch that some of the deals are EXCELLENT. Must do your price comparisons as with all of these auction/hotel deal websites.

uggboy likes this.
  11. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd add Virtuoso as a comparison as well as American Express FHR for platinum / centurion card holders.

uggboy likes this.
  12. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    HI all,

Just an update. I just purchased another great Luxury link deal. My husband and I are visiting Charleston, S.C. for a couple of nights and most of the nice hotels and B& B's were quite expensive $300-$500 plus per night.

I purchased a LL link package at Orient Express's Charleston place and will be getting for $594. The junior suite best rate goes for $410 per night.

Package for 2 includes:
    • Junior Suite
      • 1 king bed, 600 square feet
    • Bottle of sparkling wine in room upon arrival
    • Continental breakfast for two each morning, served at Palmetto Café
    • $100 dining credit, good towards food & beverages at the award-winning Charleston Grill
    • Taxes & resort fees included
    This time I called LL's number and asked them to check my dates for availabilty ( the hotel would not give me any info). The LL rep told me I could pay the auction price over the phone and he would secure my dates. No stress over making sure the dates I wantde were available and a fantastic deal!

13. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I invite you all to join luxury link.

Please use my link to join and you will get a $50 credit ( I will also get a $ 50 credit...thank you!)

http://www.luxurylink.com/invite/redazalea

Be sure and google: "Luxury link discount codes" before purchasing and stack it with your purchase. You can find 10% off coupons for new purchasers.

Another tip is to go through a cash back porthole before purchasing and get a rebate on your total dollar amount.

Enjoy!