Luxury Collection to open ten Asia properties in 12 months

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by uggboy, Jul 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Luxury Collection to open ten Asia properties in 12 months ||

SEE THE LIST

Awesome expansion around the world.:)

sobore likes this.
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed this as I was looking at hotels for an upcoming trip to Bali. SPG is definitely trying to stake their claim as the leading hotel chain in Asia.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    At LC Hongta (what does this name mean?) in Shanghai, formerly the St Regis in Pudong, I hope they keep the wonderful executive lounge on the top floor with views toward the lights of Pudong and the Bund. I'm glad that the Italian restaurant is staying.

4. NEVERhome

NEVERhome Silver Member

Status Points:
    China and the region is amazing, 1 billion people, all getting richer and richer, it is like Japan was and France America and Briton once were. India will be the next powerhouse but China now is unbelieveable. There are cities such as Shenzhen with Brand new buildings already built just waiting. They are building roads and railways like nobody has ever seen and there is a new hotel opened every day. My friends live in Hong Kong and their mum used to send food parcels to the mainland, now Hong Kong is passe and the poor relation and it is the mainland Chinese who are keeping Hong Kong alive. Hyatt were quick off the block, getting 3/4 hotels in most areas and now SPG cannot be stopped. It is so fantastic.It will take a little while for it all to sink in for we westeners, but what will come to light is that the Chinese 5 star hotels charge $50 per room and the chain hotel which we use for our status charge 200per room.