Luxury Collection, the Andaman - Langkawi, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Leumas, Oct 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just returned from my stay, booked 3 rooms, 1 using FRNs, the others using cash.

Excellent service all round, even had a personal welcome from the GM. Remote location, and you need to arrange transport to/from the airport or if you want to go somewhere.

I received a suite, but was told there was only 2 suites in the entire hotel. But they also upgraded the other 2 rooms from the base room type to ocean view. However, half the resort is under renovation, but perhaps there will be 4 suites when the work is complete. The golf course is also being worked on and only 9 holes are available. There was no noise issue.

The beach is pretty (looking down from the hotel) and there are lots of wildlifes around. On closer inspection, the beach is actually quite dirty, and each morning, there's staff picking up rubbish. The rubbish comes from the ocean and not from the hotel. The tide is also quite noticeable. There's next to no beach at high tide - the ocean pretty much goes right up to the resort. It's difficult to swim in the ocean because the bottom is very rocky. I tried to walk in one day and had difficult to gain a solid footing. There are other water-based and land-based activities that you can register for. The Kids Club deal is also worth considering.

Full breakfast (and it's a good spread) is free for Platinums. Free wifi (regardless of status) is available in rooms and at public places of the hotel (I didn't pick up any signals at the pool though).

gleff, TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.
  2. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never been here after takeover this hotel from GHM. Are you a regular at this hotel? How about service if compared with previous operator, GHM?

3. Leumas
    Original Member

Leumas Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was my first visit, so I wouldn't know.