Luxury Collection guaranteed early check in

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by 7Continents, Aug 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spent my free resort nights at the Phonecian (no time for something more exotic this year...).In the confirmation was an offer to "Take control of your stay" with flexible check in and check out. They allow you to specify a specific check in time on the day of arrival and will guarantee a room for that time. The caveat is that you need to specify a check out time by the same hour on the day of departure.
    Has the usual good and bad points. It would be awesome for the international properties where long flights come in early in the morning and it's generally not much of an inconvenience to check out early.
    I would think this community should let SPG know if they like it.

1 person likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of the top hotels in Beverly Hills began offering "24 hour check in" about five years ago and it's available at a few top international properties, sometimes only to some guests.

However, from the hotel's point of view, if many guests stay 24 hours, then when is the time for housekeepers to turn over rooms?

uggboy likes this.
  3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    They already have the issue with an unknown % of 4PM checkouts, and the finest hotels would have some sort of skeleton housekeeping at most hours. It isn't a perfect science, but knowing in advance (i.e., reserving your 24 hour block) probably helps.