Lufthansa's Premium Economy Seats Are Here (And The Legroom Is Ridiculous)

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by jetsetter, Oct 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Source: http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2...he-legroom-is-ridiculous?s_cid=social33285417

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you saying that 38" is not enough? That's what seatguru says the BA A380 WT+ seats have, and I found them to be okay on three recent flights.

3. BizflyerNorway

BizflyerNorway Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a flight to ICN comming up next week on LH 747-8, and I can see that there are Premium Eco seats on the flight, but its not sold. And all seats are made unavailable.
    I also find it strange that the prem eco cabin is placed in the middle between 2 eco cabins. How are they going to keep this seats empty during the flight? Somebody must be tempted to move over to the free seats?

4. Schali

Schali Silver Member

Status Points:
    How did they keep the seats empty or were there all occupied due to promotional reasons? US carriers make a strong point and effort to keep those seats empty or to have you pay for the "upgrade".

5. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    They will sell the seats at checkin and at the gate for 300 EUR or USD

6. Fluffynet

Fluffynet New Member

Status Points:
    I got one on LH in June at check-in for $250. Well worth it. Not only more room, but better meals, esp. breakfast. I had resisted the idea because I thought I was paying more for what I used to get in coach, but I am converted now.

7. johan_peters

johan_peters New Member

Status Points:
    Took a premium flight Munich-Chicago end of last year. The width and legroom are definately more compared to coach, the recline is the same and so is the service. Would be more than happy to take it on a vacation, this was for work, and I could not take the usual business class for cost reasons...