Lufthansa W and S now earn 100% miles and upgrades with miles evouchers and United swus!

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by sithlord, Sep 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
  4. oliver2002
    Original Member

oliver2002 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pictures, the GUI on top of the Unisys DCS LH uses, was installed sometime (aprox 5 years) ago. In this the smart folks of LH IT have, on the behest of Revenue Management, coded the booking classes blocked from upgrades so that the checkin agents cannot use the option 'upgrade using M&M' on the lower booking classes. The only way to override this is to get a waiver by the flight/duty manager who processes it as an op-up. Sadly all upgrades are audited nowadays a few weeks later by a team in DEL and the paperwork filed is compared. So if the FM/DT or the gate agent did something out of line (like not read the fine print or not check the validity date) they will get a memo. Hence you will see agents reading everything on the SWU you present to make sure you are in line. In outstations the frontline agents are all contract staff and will not touch paper upgrades outside of the system but call the LH rep for help.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Tommy: I have seen a lot of people get "bounced" for wrong fare classes.... LH is quite strict on this now.

6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update.

Like I said, haven't done it in a while, but back when I used to fly very often to Europe, I counted on them taking my SWUs when purchasing tickets in the lower booking classes and I never failed

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was great while it lasted- now the audits of paper coupons etc can really get the staff in trouble.