Lufthansa or Turkish flight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by mileagejunqe, Jun 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Part of my upcoming travel plans are a flight from Kayseri, stopping in Istanbul, then continuing on to Munich. The flight from Kayseri arrives Istanbul at 10:35am. I have a choice of taking either the 12pm Turkish or the 1pm Lufthansa Air flight, both in business class, to Munich. First question, is the punctuality of Turkish. Any problem with connecting time? Second question, should I be favoring one airline over the other? In either case, it would be a mileage award. Thanks in advance for any comments.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the punctuality.

If you aren't in a rush to get to MUC then I'd take the longer layover and spend the extra time in the TK lounge. It is quite nice and you can easily relax and have a nice meal there with the extra time. You could probably do the same on the shorter connection but it would be a bit rushed, especially with the extra security check at the gate headed into the EU.

The in-flight experience will probably be slightly better on TK metal, but not by a ton and it is a short flight.

Have a great time in Cappadocia. We LOVED the several days we spent there a few years back.

And, FWIW, I'm seeing the 12pm flight as TK-operated and the 1pm as LH-operated, though that's just a random date next month.

Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
    Flight Timetable -- IST-MUC for date: 20120709 at 00:00 on All Airlines
    Carrier|Flight|From |To   |Dep. Time|Arr. Time|Schedule|Equipment|Duration|Exceptions|
    TK     |1631  |IST  |MUC  |11:50    |13:30    |-2-4--- |738      |2:40    |          |
    TK     |1631  |IST  |MUC  |12:00    |13:40    |1----6- |738      |2:40    |          |
    LH     |1771  |IST  |MUC  |13:00    |14:45    |1234567 |320      |2:45    |