Lufthansa on strike again

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by uggboy, Oct 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lufthansa on strike again

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have two flights in the near future. :eek:

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope LH will not strike on your dates, and indeed find a solution which satisfies both sides very soon. Safe flights. Cheers.

4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I'm glad that we were on an LH flight 2 days ago! These strikes are becoming quite annoying, as they have been going on for about the past 2 years, and have the capacity to turn what I consider a very good airline into one that no one will want to fly. If the goal of the strikers is to ruin a good airline, then just keep doing that, and LH will be history...

Kalboz, danielwood, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not that easy IMHO, they've some deep rooted cultural problems between employer and emplyees. Surely, when it would be easy to find a solution which suits both sides than they would've found a solution already and live happily ever after. You're right, I hope they find solutions ahead and I hope that the real goal for all two sides will be that LH will find it self in a good place. Cheers.

Kalboz, Newscience and danielwood like this.
  6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh there's no suggestion that a solution would be easy. But the continuation of these strikes will cause many LH customers to fly elsewhere. Life is full of choices, and LH strikes are forcing their customers to go elsewhere. I've long considered LH to be superior to, for example, AF or Alitalia. But the continued disruptions will turn a first-rate airline into a third-rate one, and rather quickly, if some agreement isn't reached soon. The unions likely think that they are being clever with their one-to-three day strikes, but they're only killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  7. bigeyejim

bigeyejim Active Member

Status Points:
    Yikes, and I was going to attempt a reward redemption (for a family of 5) via UAL on LH....

Dublin_rfk, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... are you sure? ;)

Dublin_rfk, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  9. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek:

Dublin_rfk, uggboy and ACMM like this.
  10. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    This affected a LH ORD/FRA flight yesterday. At least that is the excuse LH was telling PAX for the cancellation.

uggboy likes this.
  11. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strike by pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit from 12.00 on December 1st to 23.59 on December 2nd
    The pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit has announced a strike for all Lufthansa short-haul and continental flights departing between 12.00 CEST on December 01st to 23.59 CEST on December 02nd, and for all intercontinental flights departing between 03:00 CEST to 23:59 CEST on December 2nd. During the strike period disruptions of Lufthansa flights are expected. Lufthansa is currently working intensely on a special timetable for the strike period, which will be published here tonight. All flights operated by the Lufthansa Group airlines Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Germanwings, SWISS and Air Dolomiti (operated by OS, SN, 4U, LX, EN) will not be affected.

Passengers are kindly requested to check the status of their flight prior to departure. Affected passengers are requested to check the status of their booking prior to departure at My bookings. You might find an alternate flight and you might already check-in for it.
    Passengers whose flights are operating are kindly requested to come to the airport in good time.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels Ticket for flights from/to/via Frankfurt, Munich, and Düsseldorf on December 1st -2nd can rebook their tickets once free of charge online at My bookings.

The following conditions have to apply:

Rebooking within same booking class:
    - Tickets must be issued on/before 30.11.2014
    - New date of travel must be on/before March 01st, 2015
    - Change of origin/destination and class of service/compartment is not permitted
    - All other ticket conditions must be observed as per original ticket

Affected passengers, who cannot use the online self-service, please contact our Service Center on +49(0)69-86-799-799*. Callers from outside Germany should phone their local Lufthansa phone numbers.
    We kindly ask for your understanding that due to increased call volume you may experience longer than normal waiting times.

uggboy likes this.
  12. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    For flights on LH metal that are canceled, but were booked through United as a codeshare, does one contact LH as operating carrier to reschedule?

13. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today almost 1.000 flights were cancelled. Flight attendant strike action going on untill Friday this week. Tomorrow, Tuesday "only" the longhauls will be targeted by UFO, the FA union.

14. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Coming back from RUH cancelled luckily I rebooked on the first day of the strike united rebooked me from RUH-FRA-ORD-MHT to RUH-LHR on BA then UA today LHR-EWR-MHT.
    For what it's worth BA was a hell of a lot better than LH. (I've only flown two other BA flights in the past) but my impression they are better than LH.

15. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is going to be fun. Wife and friend are on LH a couple of times between 11/13 (TGIF) and 12/3. For the sake of my ears I hope that none of the job actions interfere with their flugs!

16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somewhat amusingly LH CEO Carsten Spohr was forced to fly Air Berlin today from TXL to MUC :)

17. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hope he experienced the "good bye" choclate hearts at AB and thinks about introducing such a nice touch to LH.

Today again 940 flights cancelled.

Hope there will be now strikes at least for the remaining year - flights are full and everybody is busy travelling untill christmas.