Lufthansa Miles Never Posted in My MP Account

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by MadameConcorde, Mar 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MadameConcorde
    Original Member

MadameConcorde Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a 1P Million Miler (pre-merger) I wonder why some Lufthansa flights did not post to my United account. I do not have a Miles and More account where I am cashing the Lufthansa miles. I have always had them posted to my United account.

Original ticketed fare is a K fare.

NCE-FRA 13 Feb (K)
    FRA-JFK 13 Feb (K)
    JFK-FRA 19 Feb (K)
    FRA-MUC 20 Feb (K)
    MUC-NCE 20 Feb.(K)

I have retained all my boarding passes.

I wonder why the miles for these flights have not posted. Nothing.

Is it that K fares on Lufthansa earn no more miles at all due to the UA/CO merger?
    I would be shocked if it was the case and I was never informed of it prior to buying the ticket.

I would hate to lose on all these EQMs.

:oops:

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    K fares no longer earn MP (or OP) miles, nor miles in any STAR FF program other than LH's own (where they earn 50% on overseas flights, 125 miles on intra-European/Germany flights. This change occurred in the fall on MP and January on OP. There have been and threads about this unfortunate change but it has nothing to do with the merger. LH moved the K fare from the mid-tier of economy fares (where it remains on other STAR carriers) to the very bottom. The K fare was also eligible for MP SWU cert upgrades on LH, but that too ended in November (though some LH stations honoured these upgrades as long as the fare showed eligible on the cert...all of which would have expired at the end of this January). This has been clearly stated on the MP site since the fall.

Your only option is to set up a M&M account and claim the flights in that one. Since I have a lot of intra-Europe/Germany flights that always end up in K class, it was worth my while to do this and the miles have posted correctly.

3. MadameConcorde
    Original Member

MadameConcorde Silver Member

Status Points:
    oops!! Looking in Mileage Plus...

I got sfrewed by Lufthansa....
    K gets zero miles.....
    Big shock!!!!

:mad:

No Mileage Credit X I O E K 0% 0%