Lufthansa is giving away free Star Alliance Gold status

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by sobore, May 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Article: http://www.ausbt.com.au/get-the-points-free-lufthansa-miles-more-senator-star-alliance-gold-status

Signup: http://www.more-miles.com/mm_status.php?lg=en&c=

Lufthansa is giving away free Star Alliance Gold status in a bid to snatch the most lucrative frequent flyers away from rival Air France-KLM.
    Business travellers with Air France-KLM Flying Blue frequent flyer status need only send Lufthansa a picture of their Air France-KLM Flying Blue card and take a return flight on any of the Lufthansa group airlines -- Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT, Lufthansa, Luxair or Swiss.
    Unfortunately for Australians, Lufthansa codeshares -- where the airline puts its LH code on, say, an Air New Zealand flight from Sydney to Auckland -- aren't eligible, a Lufthansa spokesperson confirmed to Australian Business Traveller. But for travellers with plans to head to Europe over the next couple of months, it's a good opportunity to score the benefits of top-tier status

OY-JFS and bthobe like this.
  2. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    As soon as my Flying Blue card comes in the mail, I am going to take advantage of this. Hopefully it comes soon as I have a trip planed to Europe soon and hope to earn my two M&M segments to qualify me.

3. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can just use a scan from the printable membership card. Worked for me.

4. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    FB cards just came in the mail yesterday. Good times!

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    There has to be some sort of verification, otherwise anybody with photoshop can hack this. :)

6. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Hi, Flying Blue. Yes, it's M&M again. I'd like to steal one of your frequent customers again by luring them to our program. Can you verify they are in fact valuable to you? Perfect. No, no thank you. That's all I needed. You've been very helpful. Goodbye."

viguera likes this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting... :)

So following that logic some unscrupulous Silver member might say take a Platinum member's card, photoshop their number in and submit it as "proof"

8. ixs

ixs

I would say there is always a certain risk for fraud. But keep in mind that fraud is generally not a low risk undertaking.

But even if... say a FB ivory member sneaks into the match to LH SEN. What is the worst that can happen? He'll be downgraded in 1.5 years and based on his prior flying scheme, he will not have the opportunity to spend a lot of time in the lounge... So... *shrug* not much lost...

man on the move. likes this.