Lufthansa Hostage-Taking Ends After Brief Standoff

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by uggboy, Apr 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lufthansa Hostage-Taking Ends After Brief Standoff

Flyer1976, sobore, WilliamQ and 4 others like this.
  2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since when are razor blades allowed in carry on luggage? Doesn't say much for Munich's security.

3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely! And it's hard to believe that the thorough German security folks would miss a razor being carried onto a plane.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    A razor blade is pretty small - and hard to do any real damage (not to underestimate the FA distress)
    But they get the water every time:D

Flyer1976, Newscience and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    A razor blade can inflict lethal damage. Obviously a 50 y.o. FA would be old enough to be very familiar with them.

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I said it is hard to do real damage, not impossible.

the thing is, I can see how it would be easy to overlook a single razor blade depending on how it is oriented when scanned, but then again I've had very short and dull nail cleaners attached to a nail,clipper detected so maybe the technology is better than I thinkI think;)

Sadly, I think the danger of dying quickly from a choke hold is a faster/greater danger.

Newscience and LETTERBOY like this.
  7. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A razor blade held to a person's neck along the jugular vein is a very dangerous weapon. Glad it ended quickly and safely for the FA, and I hope the perp gets a lifelong jail cell to think about the suffering he might have caused.

8. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    You bet! My experience with German security is that if they see one questionable item when they x-ray your carry-on, they will take everything out of your carry-on during their search. In that respect, they're much more thorough than TSA.

When I last went through FRA security ~3 weeks ago, they also "fixed" the walk-through so that everyone was "buzzed", and required a personal search. What impressed me about this is the fact that they could conduct such a large security exercise in a timely manner, without much extra waiting. With TSA, this would have created a waiting line that would have wrapped around the airport!

Flyer1976 and LETTERBOY like this.
  9. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

SuperFlyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have seen them use a remote control of sorts (in pocket) where they "buzz" people they deem suspicious.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Newscience likes this.