Lufthansa first class Seattle to Frankfurt trip report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by flyingshotgun, Feb 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingshotgun

flyingshotgun Member

Status Points:
    Gaucho, Garp74, Sammich and 6 others like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP! :)

I enjoyed your review and pictures on what looks like a great flying experience.

Sammich, gregm and Newscience like this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great report and perfect, high-quality pics. Looking forward to your next....

Sammich and MSYgirl like this.
  4. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto on the "great report!"

The check-in experience has really deteriorated since they got rid of the red First Class boarding passes (envelopes, at one time). Those really stood out, and were suitable for keeping as a treasured memento.

Of course, SEA is not like FRA or MUC, which are essentially LH hubs, where LH assures First Class PAX are treated, well, as First Class PAX should be treated if International First is to be truly a luxury experience. If you get a chance to try it at MUC, or better yet, at FRA with the First Class Terminal, then you'll see First Class check-in and treatment (complete with special transport to the plane in a Porsche or Mercedes).

How was First Class on the flight itself, flyingshotgun? Crowded or with lots of empty seats?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    gregm and Sammich like this.
  5. flyingshotgun

flyingshotgun Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback all.

The flight was actually quite empty with only half the F seats full. I guess the lack of future availability hampers people. There are some ways to get around normal 2 weeks availability window though.

I am actually flying this route again in March with a First connection at FRA so I'll be able to checkout the lounge there. That should be great fun.

Counsellor likes this.