Lufthansa Continues To Cut First Class Capacity

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    There's no denying that I love Lufthansa first class, which might explain why I've flown it as much as I have. It's just such a lovely product, and one of the few airlines that has a truly top notch ground and onboard experience, in my opinion. Early last year, Lufthansa announced that they would be cutting first class on ~20% of their longhaul fleet, which certainly made me sad. At the time they had first class on 94 of their 100 longhaul aircraft, while they had plans to reduce that to 75 aircraft over the next two years. At the time, the source for the first class cuts came primarily in two areas: -- A340-300 aircraft -- the plan was to install the new business class product on these planes and eliminate first class entirely -- 747-400 aircraft -- at the time six of Lufthansa's 747-400s didn't yet feature the new first class, so the plan was to just install the new business class product on them and eliminate first class The post Lufthansa Continues To Cut First Class Capacity appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...