Lufthansa Business or First

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by michael21, Feb 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents are right now on LH436 on May 9th DUS-ORD in Business...Is it worth another 17,500 to upgrade to First? Any pictures? I can't seem to find current pictures?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a daytime flight I don't actually think it is particularly worth it. Doubly so out of DUS where there are no premium ground services (i.e. no FCL/FCT).

The seat on the 343 is angled flat and not great for overnight sleeping but I have no problem napping on it for an hour or two. And the food will be fine, though nothing spectacular.

3. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Seth but the lack of reclining all the way is really annoying no? it would be worth the 17k just to be able to lie flat, no?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not for me on a daytime flight. I sleep fine in the LH seats, particularly if just for a short nap on the daytime flight.

5. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents were just on the iberia business class from mad-ord...do you have any comparison?

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No experience with IB. Sorry.

7. pureGLAMtv

pureGLAMtv Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have to agree with Wandering Aramean - not worth to spend the extra 17k on a dayflight - LH is not the best - but to sleep a few hours it is o.k.

Frequent flyer of LH from DUS in the past - and there is really nothing special to expect from LH-F in DUS... save the miles and hope your parents can still enjoy the flight...

Kalboz likes this.