Lufthansa/*A Lounge at CLT?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Counsellor, Apr 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    United does not have a lounge in Charlotte. Nor does Lufthansa. In the past, they used the US Air lounge, but now that US Air has defected to OneWorld, what happens to LH Pax? Does US Air still let them in? If not, does anyone?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the Lufthansa website, you can use the USAirways club in Charlotte, see:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access

You may want to call the Charlotte USAirways club directly to check on this, just in case Lufthansa didn't update their website:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/locations.html#Cha

Counsellor likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What would be your basis for lounge access? Now that US isn't in *A, *G lounge privileges won't apply. OTOH, it's hard to imagine that LH wouldn't provide a satisfactory lounge arrangement for their own premium class passengers and probably LH elites too.

LETTERBOY and Counsellor like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess would be... US Dollars.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    The basis for an LH passenger asking for lounge access would be the provision still on the LH website that Newscience quoted above. It's not on US Air's site, though, just Lufthansa's. Which led me to ask the question.

I also would think that LH would do something for their SENs, but I suspect their website simply hasn't been updated. However, I thought I'd ask just in case there was an LH (or UA) passenger that was allowed into the US Air lounge this month. It won't become an urgent issue for me until September, though.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Newscience likes this.
  6. oliver2002
    Original Member

oliver2002 Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Oliver!

For those who want to go directly to the source, here's the post oliver2002 is referring to. See the last sentence of the 22 April press release.