Lufthansa 50k offer is back

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The 50k offer for the Barclays Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® is back. This is an affiliate-channel offer that pays me commission. Offer ends December 15, 2013.

The sign-up bonus is 20,000 miles after first purchase, and 30,000 for $5,000 eligible spend in first 90 days of account opening. The $79 annual fee is not waived, except for an annual waiver for Senator and HON Circle Members.

There is an annual economy class companion ticket with loads of restrictions that may not be good value for many.

Will I apply? No. I tried for this card this past summer when the 50k offer last appeared. Barclays has significantly tightened approvals this year so I am standing pat on my existing cards and trying to put more spend on them since that was a key factor in denial.

In hindsight I realized I had jumped on yet another program that I know nothing about and may be a hassle to extract good value. I already have significant balances with Alaskan, Hawaiian, Virgin America, and Virgin Atlantic that I need to find ways within my travel patterns to use effectively. And they are not going to be Hilton transfers.

Readers, is this offer worth it? How easy are redemptions? I would probably use on United or Air Canada.

Disclaimer: This is the best public offer for this card for which I am aware. If you apply through my offer and are approved, I will receive a referral commission, thank you for your support.

Rapid Travel Chai email updates ¦ twitter ¦ facebook

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Related Stories

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...