LP - Going all 18 Seat J Cabin?

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Sep 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of my 5 December/Jan segments (3 LP, 2 LA), all 3 LP segments are now 18 seat J cabins (which means only 16 available longhaul seats), including one segment that was already full as the larger J cabin. :( Any observations to the contrary for flights out in the distance?

2. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately that's the rumor of LAN's plan - they are actively removing two rows of J on their 767 and A340 fleets. So far, like you, I haven't seen the change in my LA flights SCL-EZE and SCL-GRU/GIG, only LP to LIM and LAX, but I fear it's coming. :( Harto tristeza.

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    En serio. It seems so far to only be on LP. I hope it stays that way, although most of my flights these days are on LP.

4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I forgot that XL already introduced the change to their 767 fleet.

Employees at LAN say it's due to the number of Comodoro upgrades that LAN issues for flights and their preference to add easier-sell Y seats. Interestingly, though, I note that on most of my LA flights (that have J) ALL of the J seats show as occupied before the Comodoro upgrade window kicks in... :confused:

5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll let you know when I book my trip. ;)

SC Flier likes this.
  6. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Most of my cabins have been quite full (approx. 3 RTs a year) and many with far over 18 seats occupied far in advance of travel. Unfortunately, I-class availability is likely to tighten substantially. I'm not paying for D or J. Does LAN prefer me on another carrier? Or paying a Y fare? Vamos a ver.

zpaul likes this.
  7. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    The I fares were what got me onto LA in the first place. Even though their J and Y hard products are better than AA or DL out of SCL to the USA, I'll take AA's NGBC over LA Y any day if I can keep getting good I fares on AA.

8. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what I'd do specifically, but avoiding DFW or MIA in exchange for nonstop to LIM is worth a lot.

zpaul likes this.
  9. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got that. It's always a connection to DEN or ORD for me; if I'm going long-haul I go for the longest possible, so I like the SCL-JFK-DEN options. MIA and DFW aren't really bad (though I'll do anything to avoid ATL), but I prefer LA532/533.