Loyalty Traveler - Marriott Announces Cash + Points Reservations that save no cash or points

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

“Coming Soon: Marriott Reservations with Cash + Points.” Marriott Concierge, company representative of Marriott Rewards, started a new thread on FlyerTalk Thursday, July 26, 2012 announcing the new flexibility to combine cash nights and redemption nights in a single reservation. The link...
    ©Loyalty Traveler, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...
  2. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Thanks for posting, but not much new here. A mixed-stay reservation option has existed for years, the only "added benefit" (i.e. new) part is this can be online vs the phone - which of course benefits marriott (less calls) as much as members (not needing to call).
  3. AAL

AAL Silver Member

What I really wish Marriott would fix is their reservation system that books every night of a stay at the rate of the most expensive night, rather than giving the benefit of a cheaper rate for one night (a weekend rate, for example).

I do like that the Mariott website has tabs that show all available rates for a particular day, but I just had to make three separate reservations for a 3 night stay to get the best rates.

One night was available for just points, the 2nd night for points plus $75, and the 3rd night for points plus $150. If I'd booked a three night stay, the rate would have been points plus $150 for all three nights. (Which really makes no sense since the room rates are under $250 with no points.).

I like Marriott, but having to either book 1 night at a time or pay the highest rate is not a customer-friendly reservation system.