Lowest Cost Marriott Seen / Paid

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by vickers, Sep 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    While looking at Marriott locations in Chattanooga, TN, I came across an old style Fairfield Inn for $65.00 per night.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chafi-fairfield-inn-chattanooga/

It got me thinking.... Is this the cheapest Marriott in the United States? What is the lowest cost standard rate you have found for a room in the Marriott chain?

What is the lowest cost you have paid for a room, excluding free/reward nights?

Thanks.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    $65 around TN I can believe. But metro NY? I paid $69 at a full service Marriott right by the George Washington Bridge minutes from New York City less than a year ago. It was an advance purchase holiday rate. Not something I'd ordinarily go for but the trip was quite definite and the rate too good to pass up.

MX and vickers like this.
  3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh wow, thats great.

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    $80 in Orlando on an advanced purchase rate is the cheapest I've seen.

vickers likes this.
  5. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    $39 Atlanta Marriott from Flyertalk

vickers and Sweet Willie like this.
  6. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    ~$50 around IAD on a fairly regular basis.

OceanBreezes and vickers like this.
  7. tomsam

tomsam Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can usually get between a $50-$60 rate at a Fairfield Inn or Courtyard in the DFW area. Had a $59 AAA rate there earlier this month. However, I enjoyed the EUR 59 rate I booked at the Renaissance Brussels this summer much more! These are all flexible rates (not advance pay/ non-refundable).

OceanBreezes and vickers like this.
  8. wembleygal
    Original Member

wembleygal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does a LNF rate of 9.44 at a fairfield in orlando count ?

9. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely! Forgot about this amazing deal - I knew it a bit too late so I missed the chance :(

wembleygal and vickers like this.
  10. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    ~$60 (give or take) for AAA rates on weekends used to be norm here in Chicago, although lately they have ticked up to ~$67

vickers likes this.
  11. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got 68 euro series of nights in a Lisbon, Portugal Marriott. Very happy with that! I was also happy with an $80 full Marriott last week in Phoenix.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  12. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    There can be some crazy off season rates in Europe, while obviously not a Marriott property, the Westin Grand Munich had a 59€ rate in Dec 2013.

Just to add a datapoint, Marriott properties in burbs of Chicago on weekends ranging from $62-$67 currently. If anyone needs a remote checkin done, just start a conversation with me.

AaronInBKK, OceanBreezes and stedger2 like this.
  13. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. I agree....plus if you are in a economy stressed area, such as Egypt, with tourism down 98-99%, they will deal some amazing prices at the counter. I was in Ireland about 2 years ago, when there was over 25% unemployment, and the best prices (it was not a Marriott) was a hotel in downtown Dublin that offered 27 Euros a night (which I accepted) if I would stay 3 nights because they needed their occupancy rate to look better. It was a great hotel, with free wifi and breakfast.

I called the Marriott in Cairo during the Arab Spring ( I was scheduled to go there) and was going to cancel, and they offered 99% off if I would come. I ended up declining, and they closed for bit soon after, so I guess that was a good thing I didn't go.

Continuing on that theme of "sometimes things can go awry". I was in Haiti when there was a coup. There had been rumblings about something might happen, but I (foolishly) thought it was just noise, and the hotel discounts were *really* good, so I go there for 2 weeks of relaxation. I come out of my hotel one day and people are running by with guns and I'm being yelled at in languages I do not understand and then someone else hollers for me to hide inside. Gunshots, smoke, etc. I get enough sense to go back in the hotel and hunker down. Finally some representatives come and ask me to come to the US Embassy for safety's sake. And interesting, but not the most relaxing-on-an-island vacation I've had. :)

N965VJ, stedger2, nacho and 4 others like this.
  14. wembleygal
    Original Member

wembleygal Silver Member

Status Points:
    And I was upgraded Nacho to a jacuzzi room (thanks to the nice GM) ...