Low selection Emerald Aisle on weekends.

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by 2soonold, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a friendly heads up.:)
    At ATL the Emerald Aisle selection is low for "weekend" renters. The cars are in good condition, but there just ain't that many to pick from. (Also watch out for those "paper" tags.) National seems to be doing well @ATL; they know where their dollars are coming from over the course of a week;). Seems like by Friday afternoon, they are already thinking about next Monday morning.
    I showed up the Saturday before Easter, and there was only one "suitable" car on the Emerald Aisle; and it had a dang "paper" tag on it:(' Stymied for a moment, I finally wandered down to midsize where they had 3 passable HHRs and an attractive new Elantra.
    By the way, the Emerald Executive selection @ ATL is almost always full every weekend.:rolleyes:

2. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was the paper tag car a Fusion? lol. I picked up a weekend rental from ATL as well and noticed this car. I always look for brand new Fusions or Hyundais as they all have satellite radio.

I'm executive and I've never taken a single car from the ATL Exec aisle. Nothing there ever appeals to me in the least. I usually wander the aisles and end up grabbing something from regular Emerald or compact.

Other airports are so much better with the selection, or at least my other regular airports. BOS is great for selection and IAH and LAX have taken good care of me many times.

3. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're cool:cool:. The Executive aisle on weekends, looks pretty much like it does all week. But, the Emerald aisle on weekends drops to 6 to 10 cars. It's a good guess that they are using the Emerald space to stage vehicles in preparation for their big business rentals come the start of the business week.
    There is a jurisdiction in the airport area that is known for stopping cars with paper tags. Who wants that hassel when you only renting a car.
    My paper tagged vehicle was a nice looking, new Chrysler 200. At the moment I was there, almost half of the Emerald cars had paper tags. That's when I went looking to see what they had in midsize.
    And the Elantra had satellite radio.:)

4. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    It bugs me that they take up so much room of the Aisle with storage. A year ago, they didn't and I got much better cars. I'm only exec because I travel so much, I really don't like the large cars. Stick an Elantra in there and I'll scoop it right up.

ctporter likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    what is the paper tag?

ctporter likes this.
  6. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ATL is not the only one. The last few of times I rented at SFO and SEA, the selection was pretty abysmal as well.

7. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    the vehicle does not yet have a hard license plate ; it only has a temporary paper tag.

ctporter likes this.
  8. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too! A recent rental at TWF (small airport, no aisles, they specify the car for you) they "upgraded" me to an Armada. That thing was HUGE! Other times, at smaller airports I have been given boats like crown vics, etc. I much prefer a new small car with all the bells and whistles.

9. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was @ ATL this past Friday night. The good news was that the Emerald Aisle selection had been doubled:). Executive Aisle remained the best stocked. The bad news was that the non-Emerald selection had been significantly curtailled.