Low Fare guarantee

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Sandy, Jan 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow -- On hold for about an hour so far trying to use the United low fare guarantee. Both general reservations and united.com agents have not heard of this. After I pointed them to their own site, they are now arguing that a lower fare on Travelocity doesn't count because it's a wholesaler. (uhhhh.....???)

I found a fare on Travelocity for $53 less -- same cabin, same date, within minutes of ticketing. I read the terms and conditions backwards and forwards before calling.

This will not end well.

MX likes this.
  2. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try requesting a US based agent....the folks in India and The Phillipines might keep you on hold so long, the fare goes away on Travelocity and then you lose your proof.

Good luck!

Flyer1976, 8MiHi, CDKing and 2 others like this.
  3. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried a US-based agent. They transferred me to united.com support, which seems to be in India right now.
    Still arguing with them. They are now telling me that there is a mystery fare that is slightly lower in their system, and they are willing to honor that price ($5 lower than Travelocity). However, they also confirm that this mystery fare is not bookable from the website, because it doesn't show up. Because of this secret fare, I don't qualify for the $100 certificate....????

4. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hang up and call back...I'll PM you anumber that should take you directly to the .com support desk. I've claimed a few Low Fare Guarantees recently and had good luck with them.

Flyer1976, 8MiHi, CDKing and 2 others like this.
  5. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Success! Thank you!

6. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're very welcome...glad it worked out for you!