LOVE the Wiki

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sophiegirl, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a question this AM, could not even find the answer on the GP website....but there it was on our Wiki! No search ( without results that you know are buried somewhere), no reading through multiple threads or posts....:D.

Bring on the Wiki's!

2. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel exactly the same way. I can't wait for wikis to be implemented for all the programs.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any suggestions for new/additional stuff to be added to the wiki?

In another thread I suggested maybe adding a "Promo" page. Essentially, I think we should try and keep as much factual and reference information in the wiki and leave threads for what they were invented for: discussions!

Daringdoo and Kaanapali like this.
  4. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    I totally agree with you on this. Ease down on the searching part by a lot!!!

5. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like this idea for promotions that are known - however a lot of times a new promotion is found and a thread starts based on it and of course results in discussion. A master thread which ties into the wiki with regard to special promotions might be a good idea (whereas recurring Gx promotions for example would be perfect for the Wiki). Just my two cents :)

Daringdoo likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    A lot of reference information will naturally find its way from the discussion forum (where someone posts about the greatest new promo they have heard about) into the wiki.

Daringdoo and Kaanapali like this.
  7. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which is the inherent beauty of the wiki. I think it is the definite source for information that is current and generally applicable, and easily modifiable (Gx bonuses, GP questions etc). For things that are more limited temporally, this is where I think the threads have an advantage. Either way, I think this is working out very well so far :)

8. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Either way works IMO the wiki replaces the stickies and more people can help with maintaining it - rather than just the forum "mods". I set the stickies up that way for National over on FT just so that I'm not the only one who can edit the information. As for promos, take a look at how it was setup over on FT and see if you like it. We can use the same format over here, don't copy the past promos that are over though.

Kaanapali likes this.
  9. the_happiness_store
    Original Member

the_happiness_store Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do I add a wiki topic? I believe that I have some priority hotel experience to share.

lin821 likes this.
  10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Editing an existing page is hopefully intuitive, but haven't found a way to add an entirely new page.

11. Daringdoo
    Original Member

Daringdoo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Per the wiki intro page: "During this beta phase, registered users will only be able to view the wiki, not edit, while Original Members will be able to view and edit. Currently, only administrators can create new wiki pages".

lin821 likes this.