Love the pink!

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by MSPeconomist, Oct 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The pink box toward the top of MP pages is great.....and so is the cause. Thanks Randy and MP.

It's time to look for DL employees wearing pink this month in support of breast cancer research: dresses, ties, scarfs, etc. Also, don't miss the pink lemonade being sold on board DL flights and at SkyClubs to benefit breast cancer research. In additon, you can purchase various pink items, such as T-shirts, from DL this month. A few years ago, I bought a pink pen-sized hand sanitizer travel container that a DL FA was selling at a DO; it's been a good traveling companion.

Newscience, uggboy, Pizzaman and 4 others like this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thank you for the kind compliment. It's been very well received and Milepoint continues to stand alone among any travel community for its leadership in supporting our members and other travelers in areas that pay forward our own good will. None of us are too tough that we can't wear pink and it only takes knowing someone who has stood in the front lobby of an oncology doctor to know what support really means to someone.

To you, always best of travels.

MSPeconomist, uggboy and Betty Boop like this.
  3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a breast cancer patient, I am pleased the money raised is going toward research and not the absurd notion of "awareness". Who's NOT aware? Research will eventually lead to a cure and then prevention or vaccine. I hope to live long enough see both. Thank you MilePoint.
    Amy

MSPeconomist, uggboy, Mark and 3 others like this.
  4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    The awareness is built into it in a way. Like the ALS challenge recently - people were dumping water over their heads like crazy (I think @Randy Petersen holds the record), but a lot of them donated as well. Most people know about breast cancer, but I'm sure many wouldn't take the additional step to donate if it weren't for everything in the name of awareness this month. If even one or two people find the donation page useful on the Fly For Pink website that would be wonderful!

It goes hand in hand, but it's definitely about leading a lot of those generous individuals to those who can take action against the cancer and get that cure everyone is hoping for.

Newscience, MSPeconomist and uggboy like this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We salute you.
    Yes, research was an important part of why we expanded our reach to donate not just here in the U.S. but globally as well, reflecting our membership. We also made sure that the composite of the group included the same for men (w/ breast cancer) as well. We built the "DONATE" page for a reason, so it definitely is not just an awareness campaign for us since we actually are donating ourselves. We get involved in these causes for just the reason you mention ... whether breast cancer, domestic abuse, homelessness, ALS and JD (as examples of many others)—in our lifetimes we want to see cure and then prevention/vaccine. Again thanks for being a member.