Love me SW. Just cancelled a trip.

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by dhammer53, Feb 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last year I signed up for 2 SW credit cards yielding 100,000 points.

Last year I made Million Miler on United (giving me no reason to fly them again).

Normally, I would have booked a planned biz trip on UA paying for my ticket. With my recently found SW wealth, I decided to use my miles for a trip LGA/LAS. Long story short, I cancelled my SW ticket do to a variety of issues. I was able to go to my SW account, cancel the ticket, and have the points returned to my account without any fees. :cool:
    Kudos to SW for allowing this.

FYI, Darius at http://millionmilesecrets.com/ seems to have the definitive answers to all SW questions.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  2. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's definitely nice to have some WN pts as a back-up, esp. when something can be booked at an attractive level!

3. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've changed multiple itns, resulting in a saving of thousands of points, when the fare/points went down in price.
    Now of only SW would let me check in for a flight 24 hours and 15 minutes early. ;)

4. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too did the cc bonus on 2 cards. I just rebooked two trips and saved a bunch of pts due to lower fares. That 15 minutes early would be great;)...