Lounges in MIA

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by traveler, Aug 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have a long layover in MIA in route to UIO with AA (flying awards tickets coach) next month. We have a couple of Admirals Club passes or we can use our free Lounge club visits (the free ones with ink bold). Which lounge would you well rounded travel experts recommend? Thanks for you time!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Admirals Club at MIA is fine. Nothing special to write home about, but the free beverages and wifi are nice and the quiet beats the noise in the gate areas.

P.s. I don't drink so I just enjoy the free soda and coffee.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Admirals clubs in Miami are good if you want to use their computers or watch tv. If you are looking for somewhere quiet, they are not the place. I use admirals clubs around the world and Miami is about as noisy as they get. There are many restaurants in the airport if you are just looking to sit somewhere and have a drink or food. The food in the Admirals club is not great. The free food consists of muffins or cheese and some pretzel snacks usually. The food that you buy is mostly Cuban food and it is not as good as the Cuban restaurants outside of the club. If you are looking to shower, then the clubs are great for that.

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I went through MIA and used the D30 AC twice two weeks ago and while some areas were busier and noisy, I was able to find quiet corners both times without struggling. My sister even took a nap on our outbound it was so quiet in our area.

I have limited experience with MIA ACs, but generally speaking AA elites seem to agree that D15 is quite packed and noisy, and D30 is typically less busy and a nicer experience.

5. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Photonerd71, marcwint55, DestinationDavid-

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'd echo what David said here. If you're looking for a quiet place, you're more likely to find it at D30. That being said, they have set up a temporary club expansion at D15, and people don't tend to enjoy hanging out there as much as in the club. So, you may find a quiet (though not necessarily very comfortable) area to hang out there.