Lounge Shower

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by benolaa, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA has showers in a number of their lounges. I have been to the ones in JFK,ORD and LAX. They are all setup like a spa and are really nice. UA only has some type of shower in ORD and CO has EWR and IAH which feels like an industrial complex with an automatic sink [​IMG]. I hope when they bring together the new lounge they put in nice showers like AA at least in the hub cities.

sobore and travelingmore like this.
  2. scott6067
    Original Member

scott6067 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am just hoping that the showers are open to all like CO vs the UA model with access limited to IFL passengers. Also I hope that they bring in the pressing service that CO offers.

jw3711 and colpuck like this.
  3. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love lounge shower and use them all the time when possible. This is the first thing I want the new combined lounge to improve on and offer more shower facilities in major hub cities that is available to all lounge patrons...

kwai likes this.
  4. Frequent Freak
    Original Member

Frequent Freak Silver Member

Status Points:
    HKG RCC has a shower. LH has decent ones in FRA.

5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great point. UA has some updating to do in their lounges but we sometimes overlook the soviet era showers.

6. qasr
    Original Member

qasr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, UA/CO really needs to up their game here. A shower after a long international trip is really refreshing and shouldn't be limited to the IFL/arrivals facilities that they have.

You can tell when the SYD-LAX flight lands by all the smelly people coming into the RCC. :p

7. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past I would schedule my TPAC flights into SFO to use the SKL shower. That seems to no longer be possible. The lack of showers for *A in the US is appalling. After being on a plane for 10+ hours, and if I have a connection to make, a shower is one of things I crave.

8. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    The RCC at NRT has a great shower complex. They also used to give exceptional amenity kits, although they have scaled back somewhat on their quality.

9. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    ..and a trip to the beer machine after a shower doesn't hurt either!

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be surprised to see this happen too quickly. In ORD they've just renovated the B lounges and they didn't add them in. The C lounge was going to have a lot of plumbing options for the renovation IIRC so that might have a chance (if they have to redo all the plumbing anyways, why not?). DEN was supposed to be in line for renovations, too, and they definitely have enough space to make it happen.

But I'd still be surprised to see it happen, much as I'd love for it to happen.

11. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    One of the huge advantages AA has over UA. I finds it hard to believe they can't justify cost for shower facilities in the home airport at the very least/and important Int'l hubs IAD/SFO when they are spending $$ renovating their biz/1st cabins. Not all biz travelers fly first but what sort of shower facility will you get in ORD after nine hr flight? Maybe a semi-private shower at the lower level Hilton health club that will cost you probably 6-7$ -and if you came in on a domestic red-eye from the West coast, you have to go out of airside to use it/then reclear security. I just walk over to AA's club in about 15-20 minutes and use their shower facilities. Can't remember the # of biz travelrs I've seen wearing sweats w/suit bag going to the showers there. The new Admirals club in SFO next month will have showers but alas- it's in different terminal w/no airside access planned as far as I know.

12. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't agree more. The SFO no-shower situation is particularly galling. It's fine to have an IFL, but pax ;)ther than on full F/C fares need at least that amenity.

13. CrazyMonkey
    Original Member

CrazyMonkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah...it is pretty embarrassing to arrive at IAD from EZE go to the IFL in IAD, then wait until 9-9:30 to make the trek over to the LH lounge to get a shower. [​IMG]

14. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that COs main clubs in EWR and IAH have showers, but the ones in EWR need repair.

Am I the only one that thinks the shower handles are almost near falling off or that adjusting the water temp is tricky because of the condition of said shower faucets?

15. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for dashing our dreams and bringing us back to earth.[​IMG]

16. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This is a large reason why I had trouble maintaining 1K on UA... even with SWUs, I kept doing my international travel and red-eyes on AA because of things like showers. It's the little things that can drive big decisions.

17. exactly!
    as UA's major east coast hub, IAD needs a "real" lounge with showers
    ... gotta love that LH SEN lounge!

18. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is still one of the strengths of the QF brand in Australia. I often fly into MEL or SYD from Asia and can use the showers in the domestic QF lounges, if I am travelling domestically that same day. Sadly, the major airlines inbound to Australia don't have arrivals facilities, and QF is really the only choice you have. Before QF stopped anytime access, you didn't even have to be travelling same day if you held the appropriate status.

19. I like the shower in the BMI Lounge at LHR. It has good acoustics too.

20. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I doubt they'd put them in DEN. There are hardly any int'l flights into DEN.

21. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just for comparison, there are showers in DL lounges at ATL, DTW, LAX, JFK, NRT, AMS, and probably some that I'm forgetting. I'm not including contract lounges like SIN with showers, nor partner lounges (except AMS, where SC members get access).

22. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree. After a day of meetings (itself after a day & a night of flying) and another long flight ahead, lack of shower at SFO(and LAX and ...) is annoying both for me and my fellow passengers.

23. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, of course, I always thought the glaring exceptions were MEM and MSP.[​IMG]

24. benchik
    Original Member

benchik Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's why I have to wait forever until one becomes available. ;)

25. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or go to the *A lounge which also has them.