Lounge Santiago Chile

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by sfo1, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking at the airport information for Santiago, they have posted that star alliance, Air Canada, uses the VIP Admirals Lounge associated with AA. Can someone confirm this, as the information on the airport web site may not be up to date.

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC has used the AAdmirals Club for decades, so unless there was damage due to last year's earthquake that's still the lounge. However, if you are on the through flight to EZE, or returning from EZE, you cannot access the lounge during the disembarkment ground stop. If you have Priority Pass or a Diners Club card, there is a shared lounge you can access during this stopover. You follow the signs on the way to the lounges and you'll see the card logos. Not sure if there's an Amex lounge at SCL as there is a EZE though.

3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your reply, will be returning to Canada from Santiago.

ACMM likes this.
  4. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was there two weeks ago; we entered with AC boarding passes, Elite cards and 1 guest each- no issues. Channel a 1970's rec room (complete with orange couches) and you will know you are in the right place. Sometimes the check in desk will give you a lounge invite, but that didn't matter this last trip (and we used self check kiosk in any event). pedestrian food, booze offerings, but quite roomy.
    FYI, the lounge is a fair distance from the gate we used and AC boarding was a frickin' nightmare (unless all 212 passengers were in J cabin or SE for priority boarding) so give yourself enough time to join the festivities at the gate.

5. SensFan
    Original Member

SensFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Were you in J? I seem to recall reading that the lounge was not available to E and SE unless you were in business.

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I woiuld assume that *gold would be admitted to the lounge even though one is in economy, and that *gold would board with E and SE's, I am UA 1K

7. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in J, other *G was Y; we both brought in Guests; would be interested to know if this was the exception (not that I ever intend to fly that route in Y! :))

8. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the lounges are in the other wing of the airport, and many are downstairs. You will see and elevator and stairs down to the AA club. And yes, Es and SEs are admitted if flying economy. Boarding is always a messy business at SCL since everyone who's been on the first sector has had to get off the plane, and get back on.