Lounge Question

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by eefields, May 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. eefields

eefields New Member

Status Points:
    Good day,

I am a former Prem Exec with UA but since I don't travel for work anymore, lost all my status. However, I still have a ton of miles. We recently redeemed awards to do the following:

FLL-EWR First
    EWR-LIS Business
    LIS-CMN Coach (Turbo prop so only one class of service)
    CMN-FRA First
    FRA-IAD Business
    IAD-FLL Business

Will we be able to use the TAP lounge in LIS? We are on a round trip business ticket award but since TAP only offers one class of service, I am wondering whether we will be able to use the lounge in LIS.

Thanks,
    E

2. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    My instincts tell me that since you arrived on a business class ticket you should be fine, but you may want to follow up with a quick e-mail to TAP to verify.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    A strict read of the rules says you do not get in to the lounge in LIS. You can ask, but that's the way the rule is written.

4. eefields

eefields New Member

Status Points:
    I will give it a try when we are there. No harm in asking. After all, I redeemed miles for a business class ticket. Not my fault TAP does not offer business class to Casablanca. Had they, we would have been in business class and there would have been no question. If the lounge dragons say no, I will politely ask to speak to a supervisor and try that route. If no luck, we are only there two hours.