Lounge in FRA

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Brocki, May 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Brocki

Brocki Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everybody!

I got an upcoming flight next week from FRA to CLT and since I got *G status with A3 I'd like to use the LH Senator lounge before departure.

I saw on these two maps: map (Fraport) and map (LH) that there is in fact a lounge in the C-Gate area. But my question is, is it actually possible to walk from the US-Airways gates to the lounge back and forth or is it only possible to get there but then there is no way back to my gate (I read something about a one way moving sidewalk as the only option)? I absolutely don't mind a long walk as long as I know how long it will roughly take and if I can be sure that I can walk back to my gate.

Or maybe I should use a different lounge (for example the Tower Lounge) if it makes more sense. What do you guys think? Where should I go and which lounge would you use?

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a flight to the USA in the morning you're almost certainly going to be headed to the Tower Lounge. You might be able to get to the other ones but it probably isn't worth it.

:oops:

Brocki likes this.
  3. Brocki

Brocki Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your response!
    What do you think would be the best way to get to the Tower Lounge? Taking the SkyTrain from departure area B (pre security) to Z to clear security there and the same for the way back to the C gates? How long do you think will it take for me to get from the Tower Lounge to the US Airways gates in the C area?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually didn't realize that US still left out of C rather than with most the other US-bound flights in Z. :oops:

There is a lounge in C as well. Might be a bit of a walk over towards C14/15 where the entrance is so that's your best bet. Sorry for the mistake above.

The lounge in C is also where the A380s depart from so it might be a bit crowded, though the FRA-JFK is an hour later than yours so shouldn't be too bad.

5. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did that route last week, and I think the US flight departed from C10.
    I didn't find a Senators Lounge in C (not sure how I missed it) so I used the one at B 42/44. It's about a 20 min walk and through passport control (which isn't a problem)