Lounge DOH Oneworld Emerald

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by OceanBreezes, Mar 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am AA EXP / Oneworld Emerald flying coach DOH-LHR and hoping for an upgrade LHR -DFW. Is there a lounge that I will be eligible for in DOH? I also have a Citi Executive and AMEX Platinum credit cards at the moment. If someone knows of a good link for lounge access rules, it would be much appreciated.

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    BA and RJ contract with the Oryx Lounge. It's a 3rd party operation, so normal OW lounge access rules do not apply. I'd suggest talking to the BA check-in agent at DOH and ask about what their access policy is for this location. Some OW airlines provide an invitation to the 3rd party lounge to OW elites when there is no OW lounge option.

But.... not always, and not all airlines. They can simply choose to not invite you.

perryplatypus and OceanBreezes like this.
  3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Oryx Lounge is part of Priority Pass, so you can use Amex Plat benefit to get access to it and not worry about begging airlines to invite you.

perryplatypus and OceanBreezes like this.
  4. l_ark

l_ark New Member

Status Points:
    Or maybe the check-in agent can get you an lounge invitation if you are OWE ?

5. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    The agent automatically gave us a Oryx Lounge pass without even asking. We were coach on BA to LHR and Business LHR to DFW. We are OneWorld Emerald. If you go to Doha, definitely take one of the sand dunes tours and go to the souk. We did tours as we were only there for 3 days. It was a great way to see the sights quickly. The Hyatt organized it for us...probably was not the most frugal way, but seemed to be a decent value.