Lounge Access

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Avagabe, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Avagabe

Avagabe New Member

Status Points:
    For someone flying into CDG (early morning 6:45am land time), would they have access to the BA Lounge to shower and fresheup? Carrier is AA. Flying Business Class.

ACMM likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Avagabe!

Unfortunately you will not have lounge access when you land at CDG on AA. You'll have to clear immigration and customs to enter France, and the lounge is airside for departing passengers. Years ago AA had an Arrivals Lounge in CDG for passengers to have breakfast and take a shower to freshen up, but that has been closed for awhile now.

Are you connecting to another flight at CDG? If so, the answer changes, but considering CDG is typically an end point and not a connection point for oneworld airlines (with a few exceptions), I am guessing you are terminating at CDG.

As a point of clarification, I don't believe BA has a lounge at CDG. They use AA's Admirals Club for their flights.

You might want to look at getting a day room rate at an airport hotel to access a shower if you really need it. :)

ACMM likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are flying into Rome FCO in January on US Air in first class. I assume there is no arrival lounge/ shower access. Any advice?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Similar to above, you might try to get a day room at the Hilton attached to the terminal. Otherwise, head into town to your hotel and hope that your room is ready early.

Also, FWIW, the US Airways Envoy cabin is considered a Business Class cabin. It is a reasonably good business class product but it is definitely not first class.

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your advice it matches my plans so far. I just wish I could grab a quick shower before heading into town. Hopefully the hotel will be ready. Oh and good point about envoy class. It is not first class by any standard but even worse when they switched this flight from the airbus to the 767 after I booked it and my dates are set.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ouch. Then scratch my platitudes for the product. Marginal at best. :oops:

daninstl likes this.
  7. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Confirmed no arrival lounge at FCO on US Air but they do give you departure lounge access in Envoy class out of terminal G at gate G11.