Lounge Access

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Efilon87, Jan 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I dont have any elite status with an airline. The only statuses I hold are from hotels. My question is this:
    I am flying into Tokyo and continuing on to Beijing on ANA All Nippon. After exploring the town of Narita for the day, I would like to relax in a lounge. Is there a way to buy a day pass for a Star Alliance lounge or ANA lounge? If not, without status, is there another way to gain access to the lounge? Thanks!

PS. Im booked in X Economy, since I used my miles to book.

harvson3 and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ANA doesn't sell day passes. Your only hope of getting into the ANA Lounge is upgrading your ticket to Biz (or being a Mileage Club member and using points).

United Club one-day passes are $39 online. They have showers at NRT.

3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    For united club, do you need to have an UA ticket on one of their flights to get into the lounge (I am flying on ANA)?

4. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correction: you CAN access the ANA lounge. http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/int/promotion/ana_my_choice/lounge.html

Unclear if you can do it on an X fare. Contact them.

Apologies for using outdated info.

You can also try to find someone on TOBB who will be in NRT at the same time and can bring you in as a guest to the RCC. Then again, you would have to find someone on TOBB who would choose the United Club over the ANA Lounge.;)

Shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: And United Club one-time passes can be found on eBay for cheap, or can be redeemed for 2500 Ultimate Rewards points under Transfer Points to a Travel Partner for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. May not be the best use of UR points, but it's there.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The purchased ANA lounge policy states that it does not apply to all fare classes. I would be concerned that an award ticket in coach is one of these exceptions.

harvson3 likes this.
  6. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Noob here, what is TOBB?

alohastephen likes this.
  7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    TOBB = the other bulletin board.

Flyertalk.com