Lounge Access in USA

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by chef4u, Feb 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm Flying Blue "Gold Status" as of today :), based on a status match.

I have no status on Delta, but if I'm flying domestic USA on a Delta ticket, do I have:

a. Lounge access?
    b. Pre-boarding privileges?

Any other goodies?

As always, thanks for the answers

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    no lounge access on skyteam AFAIK

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    FB Gold should be SkyTeam Elite Plus, but do you have proof of your new status? Have you updated (remove and reapply) the FB FF number attached to your current flight?

If you have proof or if it shows on your boarding pass, you would board in zone 1, with DL Silvers, IIRC. At some airports, you would be allowed to use special lines for check in and security. You would also be at the bottom of the list for a free domestic upgrade to FC, which could happen on an empty off-peak flight with few elites.

Lounge access requires a same-day SkyTeam international flight.

dhammer53 likes this.
  4. robmac

robmac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it's dependent of your flight. If its international you have a standing chance. If that's the case, ask. If Domestic, I will say unlikely.

5. oooErikooo

oooErikooo New Member

Status Points:
    Yep... back in the days of Northwest you could get into a lounge on any delta ticket, but now only when travelling internationally. On the other hand, delta lounges are usually overcrowded and badly stocked, so you don't miss much except the free wifi perhaps :)

6. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're FB, you may be considered "international" because you're outside of Europe. I would ask if I could get it. You might get a nice agent.

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    +

STE+ lounge access (for non SC members) only applies on same day travel. If the OP is not traveling to/from an international destination, gaining lounge access might be a challenge.