Lounge Access at ORD - domestic flight to MIA

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Gaucho, Oct 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im flying out on AA from ORD to MIA, my departure gate is H8 (at least until they change it).... so my question is, do I have an Admirals Club near this gate....? And more importantly, do I have access to this lounge with a Priority Pass Membership...? Please note that I dont have a US Membership, my card and membership are issued in Argentina. I say this because I understand that US based PP cards have restrictions for US lounges.

Thanks for any insight....
    Gaucho

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, even if there is no PP lounge in the area of my gate I will be at the airport very early so Im happy to do the skytrain to another part of the airport if I can get into a lounge.

Thanks.

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe there is a club near H6 which should be very close to your gate.

Gaucho likes this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As noted already, there are a few ACs in AA's ORD terminal. On a complete sidenote, the train at ORD is outside the secured area, so you'd not be able to use it to hop around the terminals for lounges. You'd need to clear security at your terminal first and then walk to the other terminals. You can do this for all ORD terminals except the international terminal.

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    United Clubs are the only ones that give Priority Pass access at ORD, other than the AF lounge in T5 which you won't be able to access with a domestic ticket. As you note, there is a restriction if your card is US issued, but also if it is a PPSelect one from anywhere. This means the closest lounge would be UA's in Concourse F, near gate F3. However, if you have an Amex Platinum card, you can use any AC. Otherwise, it's time to take out the cc and buy a day pass.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    He's flying on AA so why is UA club relevant?

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because it's the only lounge at ORD that accepts Priority Pass. Read his post, that's all he's got to get into lounges with.

8. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay - sorry I didn't know about priority pass - is it one you pay for?

Gaucho likes this.
  9. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.prioritypass.com

Two versions: One cost $99 a year and you pay $27 for each participating lounge used. Second is "Select" unlimited lounge access at no charge for something like $299 a year. Many premium credit cards include one or the other version in their package of benefits. One does not have to be flying the airline operating the lounge (or an alliance partner) for PP entry.

Gaucho likes this.
  10. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, thanks.... you are correct. All the Admirals Clubs bounced me like a dead cat.... my PP card was no good. I could have gotten in had I flashed an Amex Platinum or higher card... but my lowly Amex Gold got me a sorry, no good smile and I was sent on my way.

11. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    No.... I would never pay for a PP account. I get free membership from my MasterCard Black Account I have from Citibank (Argentina). Not very useful in the USA Ive found.... but quite good in Latam and Europe according to my experience.

estnet likes this.
  12. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could be if the UA lounge were close, but not the case.... after all, a lounge is a lounge.

Thanks.

13. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there still an AMEX lounge at EZE? (Think it was open to Golds as well as Plats/Centurians, though the latter two were give a card to get into a separate room.) The AA lounge was such a zoo, I left in search of the AMEX lounge that used to be adjacent to gate 2 but spotted the IB lounge next to my gate (3) so decided to check it out. Found it small but uncrowded, Euro chic decor, so stayed put. Nice sandwiches and mini-bottles of plonk. Put a bottle of red into my carry-on, buried under a few other items so not caught in the stupid secondary "security" inspection they do before boarding US-bound flights. Much nicer wine than served by AA in coach!

14. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the Centurion Salon Basura, as a good friend calls it is still there....

15. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    $300.... wow, I wouldnt pay for PP even if it was $50.... as posted before, I have 2 memberships because two of my banks here in EZE comp me memberships....

16. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, you didn't miss that much.

In future, if you become Plat equivalent (sapphire) with another OW carrier, you'd be welcome in domestic AC lounges even more than AA-based EXPs.

Also, if there is time when you'd flying more than a few times during a 30-day period, then a 30-day AC membership for $99 is one of the best deals around. You can bring in two guests, need not be flying AA, etc. I'd always choose this over a day pass.

17. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Say what?

18. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you mean non-AA Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald...

Aktchi and DestinationDavid like this.
  19. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, that's just what I meant. :)

John777 likes this.