Lounge Access After a Flight

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Mtjsb, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi
    I'm a shiny new Silver with a shiny new Amex Platinum Card (so be kind to the newbie)! [​IMG]

On Sunday I'll be flying into ATL from FLL and waiting for about 4 hours for a friend whose flying in.

Will I be able to access the SC with a boarding pass from a flight that's finished?
    Thanks!

2. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you should be able to get in - assuming that you have a regular AmEx Platinum card (and not the Skymiles AmEx platinum card). The AmEx rules specify "same day travel".

copwriter, Mtjsb and alpinesoccer like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the rules say same day flight on DL metal (codeshares don't count, but DL connection is OK) for SC access with regular AmExPlat charge card, not one of the airline/hotel credit cards.

Mtjsb likes this.
  4. Thanks! I'll repost if there's any problems. I was hoping ya'll would confirm this.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    However, for the record (even though it doesn't apply in your case), the AmEx Plat program rules used to say flight within 24 hours and now IIRC it says same day, which is an obviously different criterion.