Lost something at Mumbai airport? Pay Rs500 a day to claim it

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repo...i-airport-pay-rs500-a-day-to-claim-it_1575044

:eek:
    When Mangesh Shinde, 32, an advertising executive, forgot his Acer laptop at Mumbai airport during security check before boarding a Mumbai-Delhi Jet Airways flight, he thought he would reclaim it after returning to Mumbai. Three days later when he went to the lost and found section, he was told that he will have to pay Rs1,627 as demurrage charges to get it back.
    “I was quite stunned as this was not the first time that I had forgotten my things at the airport.I am a frequent traveller. Even when I had forgotten my mobile phone earlier, nobody charged me.They returned it to me after going through my identity proof.This is ridiculous,” he said.

Read More:
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repo...i-airport-pay-rs500-a-day-to-claim-it_1575044

2. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will teach you to demur!

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's called "fee for service" and I think it's only reasonable to charge those who apparently can't keep track of their belongings for the cost of secure storage. At least his stuff didn't disappear.

4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It may just be for principle, but $35 to retrieve a computer is not bad.

5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    No good will in that airport. :(