Lost Gold Status? Citi Executive card?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by scotchjeff, Feb 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. scotchjeff

scotchjeff Active Member

Status Points:
    I have not logged in to my AA acct in at least a month, I just logged in today and noticed that I don't have the little gold icon next to my name? I had it back in Nov/Dec after I received my Citi Executive card....but now I don't.

Anyone else?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Gold status isn't a published benefit of the card. Is it possible that they applied the Gold status as a temporary method of giving the advertised benefits (Priority AAccess, etc) until their IT department found a way of coding the accounts?

3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think on TOBB they've basically concluded that the AA Exec MC gets you "Gold Lite" which means you aren't truly Gold. I took a flight with my wife - she had the card, and I was true Platinum. I got double miles. She didn't even get the 25% bump. So I think it's truly "lite."

4. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    In order to provide the benefits of your Citi Executive/AAdvantage credit card, your AAdvantage account was temporarily assigned with AAdvantage Gold Elite status. This allowed our systems to recognize and implement your card benefits such as waiving the charge for your checked bag and PriorityAAccess. A system fix is now in place and therefore the temporary AAdvantage Gold status that had been given to you has now been removed from your customer profile. This new solution will continue to grant a first checked bag fee waiver and PriorityAAccess to the Citi Executive/AAdvantage cardholder and travel companions in the same PNR.

_kurt and DestinationDavid like this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Menashe and Whatwasthat... like this.