Lost & Found

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by Firefly, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Firefly
    Original Member

Firefly Silver Member

Status Points:
    While we were fortunate to get lots of cool swag during the OWMD, one of our bus drivers is missing a very nice bingo set. Last seen on the bus at LAX during our pick-up, when the buses were unloaded at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on Friday the 27th the bingo game may have accidentally gone along.

It was in a black bag, so it may have been mistaken for luggage or some swag. Please take a moment to look through your stuff, and send me an email at Melinda@ftef.net if you have it so we can make arrangements for its return. Thanks!

2. Griz Shel
    Original Member

Griz Shel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully this turns up. This isn't the only case of mistaken bag identity reported. Maybe we can contribute to buying a replacement bingo set if it doesn't turn up?

JAbrams72 and FriendlySkies like this.
  3. Firefly
    Original Member

Firefly Silver Member

Status Points:
    The bus company might require us to uh.. contribute for a replacement set if we don't find this one.

4. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My panasonic (i think model zs7) silver point and shoot camera went missing at the Flight Path Museum. I had it upon exiting the 777. When I got inside the museum went and sat next to A2A next to the door where everyone exited the museum to the planes. Realized it was gone when I got to the bus to head to the airport. If found I can send a UPS or FedEx label for shipping. Thank you!

5. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    I re-post here my message regarding an exchange of "Boieng Shop" bags.

I discovered that the "Boeing Store" bag I'm currently holding is not mine !!!
    Both this bag and my own one have two XXL T-Shirts,
    > the one in my hands has one blue 737 T-shirt and one sand P-8A Poseidon one
    > mine has a B-17 charcoal T-Shirt and a dark blue 787 one

Please check your Boeing Store bag, specially if were on Boeing 787 bus (where the exchange was most likely happened):if it's not yours and fits the above description, please start a conversation with me and we'll arrange to exhange bags.

The T-Shirts are not for me but for friends, it'll be disappointing to give them T-Shirts different from the ones they liked.
    Thanks.

6. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I lost my AA All Access badge and lanyard. I had it when we got to SEA and, poof!, it disappeared. I've contacted the Century Plaza hotel, but don't hold out much hope. It was a great souvenir...:(

7. Firefly
    Original Member

Firefly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good news! FlyIce's Boeing bag has been located, and the two are in discussion.

One more to add to the missing list - an iPhone case with an American Airlines gift card in it. Last seen on the buses back to LAX.

We're still hoping the Bingo game will turn up too.

FlyIce and JAbrams72 like this.
  8. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    When I called the museum asking if they found my camera, they did say they found a camera case..if anyone is missing a camera case call the museum.

9. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to thank Melinda for her great support in soving this issue.

pnoeric and From NYC like this.
  10. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    Just got a call from the flight path museum, they found my camera! Made my weekend!

beaktor, lrluis, From NYC and 15 others like this.
  11. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's great news, Corey! Wonder where it was, or who turned it in...
    Let us know if there are any cool/weird pictures on the card since you lost it :p

snap likes this.
  12. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    I believe it got stuck between seat cushions. Doubt there will be and weird pictures since the battery was dead, but wish there were to add to the excitement.

FlyIce likes this.
  13. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    So glad to hear it was found.

Great news.

FlyIce likes this.
  14. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    Thanks Sagy. I can't wait to see the pics. Still have to upload the apron shot taken on my phone in the Sheraton restaurant

Sagy and FlyIce like this.
  15. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    That'a a good cause !!!

Sagy and NYCAdventurer like this.
  16. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    Just got the best FedEx package ever! My camera was just returned, I have to give a huge shout out to Ann Proctor, a volunteer at the Flight Path Museum. She took my info, called me when the camera was found stuck between 2 seats inside the museum and shipped my camera back to me. She wouldn't even let me send her a shipping label. I really appreciate all the good people out there, I wish we can spread this good in the form of a virus!

Sagy, lrluis, From NYC and 8 others like this.
  17. Griz Shel
    Original Member

Griz Shel Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's great news! :)

NYCAdventurer and JAbrams72 like this.
  18. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    My blackberry's still lost ... DFW lost and found never received anything from the charter flight. I do appreciate the awesome MegaDO FA's for trying to contact the crew that flew the charter back from LAX to DFW. I just got a replacement from work this week, so it's no biggie.