IRROPS last Monday "delayed" LA751 GIG-SCL via GRU (after sending us on our way with taxi, hotel and meal vouchers they tell us that the flight left 11 hours later) and we were supposedly "protected" on the same flight next day. Didn't happen. It is now Thursday night, and today they finally told me that I am confirmed on LA751 next Monday, a full week after the original flight. Reasons for such a long delay are oversold flights, too many pax to be re-accommodated from other cancelled flights, and the holiday next Tuesday. None of this matters to my boss, who sent me a pretty strong email last night, including, "Es poco presentable el tema de los vuelos," which basically says that he doesn't believe me (plus it's Rio, so I get that it looks like I could be trying for more beach time!). The company isn't tech-y at all, so telecommuting is not part of the culture even though I've been on email every day - work doesn't count unless it's done in the office. Any experience out there with these situations? Do I need to do the equivalent of getting a note from my Mom? Do airlines even do that? On the bright side, we got three nights at the Sheraton Barra...!