Losing Diamond Status during Stay and another status question

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by JustinTI, Feb 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JustinTI

JustinTI Active Member

Status Points:
    First post...long time lurker.

I've seen the answer to this in regards to other loyalty programs, but not Hyatt. If you lose status during the middle of a hotel stay (diamond in my case), do you get benefits of that status the entire stay? I ask because I am looking at booking a stay at the PH Tokyo that would span 2 nights in February and two nights in March. I lose my status at the end of February.

Also from the Hyatt FAQ's:

What do I need to do if I’ve achieved a higher elite level prior to my stays which were previously booked?
    Hyatt’s computers attach the status at the time of reservation to the reservation record. In order to ensure that the property recognizes your upgraded status, a call to Hyatt CS or the property is required. For Platinum level, this is probably not necessary since the benefits for Platinums do not generally involve room allocation or upgrades. For Diamond level, this is pretty important since room assignments are often done before arrival especially for RC/GC upgrades and/or access.

By booking a stay prior to losing diamond status (for a stay that will occur after losing status), will diamond be attached to my reservation allowing diamond benefits? Or will Hyatt recheck your status upon check-in?

Kalboz and deant like this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

I don't have much experience with Hyatt, but I suspect that it depends on the property - especially if they are giving you an upgrade.

3. JustinTI

JustinTI Active Member

Status Points:
  4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had any experience here but my guess is if you lose your status before your stay, then the hotel's system will reflect the downgrade.