Looking to give kids with cancer a lift

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Evan's mom, Apr 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. I am Evan's mom. Evan passed away in 2007 from a cancerous brain tumor. At that time I started the Evan Halford Foundation. We are currently looking for frequent flyer miles to be donated to help kids with brain tumors get to their appointments at Children's Hospital Pittsburgh.
    rememberevan1@aol.com

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am very sorry for your loss and would love to help. I see on the website the 'how you can help section' but it does not show how to donate FF miles. Should I be looking elsewhere to donate miles? Thanks. :)

4. That is a good question. I am new to this and have to figure out how to receive them. Any ideas?

5. How wonderful of you to want to help. How many miles do you have to donate?

6. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would contact the frequent flier programs and ask if there is a way for "donors" to transfer their miles into a primary account without a fee if possible.

7. PerdHapley

PerdHapley Active Member

Status Points:
    That's a fantastic cause, and while I'm saddened by your loss, I'm happy that you've turned your loss into an opportunity for good.

Have you called the American Cancer Society? They do the same thing. Maybe you could set up a special fund with them. http://www.cancer.org/Involved/MoreWaystoGive/airmiles

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points: