LOOKING FOR TOP AA MILES EARNING OPPORTUNITIES - No Credit Card Offers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by slotownmomma, Apr 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. slotownmomma
    Original Member

slotownmomma Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking to earn as many AA miles this year as possible. If you know of some great big bonus promos for AA miles, please share them with me and other here. No credit card offers just other large promos. Already done those. Thanks for any feedback and tips!

Lyssa likes this.
  2. thetravelloop
    Original Member

thetravelloop Silver Member

Status Points:

Here's a few:

Register with the American AAdvantage eShopping portal you can earn 1000 miles if you sign up by May 13, accept their emails, and watch a short video.
    https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/RegisterNowSpring.aspx?promoCode=FBQ104A11&WT.mc_ID=442

Just in time for Easter & Mother's Day
    American Airlines AAdvantage miles mall is also running a deal for 30 miles per dollar at FTD.
    http://www.ftd.com/28330/catalog/category.epl?index_id=occasion_easter_savings&external=1

Spend $75 at the AAdvantage miles mall and get 500 Bonus miles.
    https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/SpringSpendEarn500.aspx?promoCode=ACP4Q20411&WT.mc_ID=441

So, if you sign up and buy flowers for over $75 then it could be an easy 4,000(ish) miles.

Get 500 free AA Advantage miles for a no obligation Liberty Mutual auto quote.
    http://www.libertymutualonline.com/affinity/americanairlines/index.html?&src=aa_splashpage

Up to 10,000 miles with BankDirect’s Refer-a-Friend program. BankDirect is participating in the American Airlines AAdvantage® program to offer mileage opportunities to new and current AAdvantage members.
    http://www.bankdirect.com/programs/aadvantage.aspx?tab=friend

3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. slotownmomma
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!! I did know about these and plan to utilize a few. Thanks so much!

5. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    thetravelloop likes this.
  6. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although they state otherwise, BankDirect doesn't enforce any limits on referral bonuses. You can refer as many as you can. If you haven't signed up with them, you can do so now for a total of 22k miles in sign-up bonuses and monthly interest in the form of miles at 10% of your average daily balance.

You can get 500 miles from Liberty Mutual every year.

1k miles for signing up although it doesn't apply to you.

20k SPG points which you can convert to 25k AA miles by keeping $25k at TD Ameritrade for 9 months. This works best if you transfer assets instead of cash since you can get 22.5k AA miles if you keep that money at BankDirect.

Citibank also offers bonus miles for opening checking/savings accounts. There are no current offers. There's also the problem that you may get a 1000-INT with a 2.5c/mile valuation.

2500 miles from Netflix

2k/4k miles for $25/$65 if you sign up for an AA debit card from Citi. IMHO, its not a good value unless you need those miles.

503 miles for buying a game at Bigfish

1k miles for $50 in dining. They have offered as much as 2k miles for $25 in dining in the past.

250 miles for signing up with Best Western Rewards.

150 miles for watching a video. It has expired but it appears annually.

Now for the painful ones:
    11.1k miles for playing word games. IMHO, its best to accumulate tickets slowly and not try to get the maximum of 500 tickets every day.

Upto 25k miles by trial and error. Getting 200 miles is easy.

100 miles/month for 300 searches via toolbar. They offered 500 miles for installing the toolbar last year but I doubt it will be offered again.

7. prometheusg
    Original Member

prometheusg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've given up on the second to last offer. The Fortune Cookie offer. Over 100 tries and still not even the 200 miles. I don't know how others have done it so easily. :-/

8. slotownmomma
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Kaanapali likes this.
  9. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think a mod is needed to do this.....or you can ask a Mile Point Guide (such as Gargoyle or Cholula) for help on this...

10. slotownmomma
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much everyone for all the tips & info. I tried this offer about 10 times and no luck.

11. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA is having a 30th Anniversary Celebration where they are giving all kinds of bonuses.

mrpickles likes this.
  12. slotownmomma
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thank you....I'm there right now!