Looking for stories about point transfers gone bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by OverThereTooMuch, Aug 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. OverThereTooMuch

OverThereTooMuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm transferring some points from VS to Hilton. It's taking longer than I expected, which is causing me some trip planning anxiety (entirely of my own making :p).

To show me it could be worse, I'd like to hear your stories of points transfers that have been way harder than they should've been.

kdw038 likes this.
  2. kdw038

kdw038 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The first time I transferred Hawaiian miles to Hilton was aggravating. It took so long we ended up paying for our stay. After my initial call, I didn't realize I needed to speak with the HA Marketing dept. They took my miles and waited for me to confirm the transfer. Assuming the wheels were in motion I waited. Weeks went by and then I called looking for my miles. Turns out they created a new Hilton account for me. Many emails and phone calls later, the transfer/consolidation finally went through. My wife said she wanted no part of that headache. So I transferred her HA miles to my account and 10 days later they were in my Hilton account. Initial stress, but HA and Hilton have treated us well.

OverThereTooMuch likes this.