Looking for Miles/Points Consultant

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Laurenseana, Oct 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Laurenseana

Laurenseana Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys, I just joined today and I am looking for someone to help me utilize my miles/points. A consultant that knows the ins and outs with this stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations?

SuperKirby likes this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You come to the right place... shoot you questions... :D

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And welcome to MilePoint :)

SuperKirby likes this.
  4. Laurenseana

Laurenseana Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! I am actually looking for my boss, he had asked me to speak with a few consultants and asked me to summarize this information and let him know who I liked working with the most. Is this something you would do?

SuperKirby and Mirror74 like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's actually quite a bit of info on some of the threads here, and a few people run award booking services as well so they can help out with actual bookings -- for a fee of course.

SuperKirby and edekba like this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    does your boss need award booking help? if so there a lot of people who do that.

if he just wants someone to teach him in/out ... w/o him reading all the threads on here/ft & blogs ... that might be a different issue.

Also knowing what programs he's in would be helpful

SuperKirby likes this.
  7. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    SuperKirby likes this.
  8. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a kid at the FTU who did a presentation on his business idea and said he did miles and points consulting on the side. Catch is, he's a high school junior.

SuperKirby and viguera like this.
  9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

I wish I knew back then what I know now... I'd have a gazillion billion miles with every program :)

SuperKirby and edekba like this.
  10. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    You and the rest of us! :D

SuperKirby likes this.
  11. MrB34N

MrB34N Active Member

Status Points:
    Lauren you can try these guys bizseats4u they have always helped me out when I needed help using my points. I researched this a lot and they are about the best at it from my experience.

SuperKirby likes this.
  12. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    thinjthinjthinthinthiththt Iii

13. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    sorry I have no freaking idea what the heck is wrong with my phones browser. I can't even edit it.I meant to say... that is what I say in all aspects of life.

14. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Honestly, you need to tell him to read MilePoint, along with you, so he can learn something!

15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are a lot of people who would rather pay a few bucks and get things done versus learning and doing it all themselves. I pay someone to clean my apartment, not because I cannot do it but because the cost of getting them to do it better than I would do it myself is a smart use of cash for me. In this case someone wants to pay for an expert to do the work and explain it directly rather than having to sift through mounds of data to figure it out themselves. There's nothing at all wrong with that.

I spoke with him after his LaunchPoint session and I'd have no problem telling someone to work with him. He's at www.KarpEnterprises.com.

Kamchatka and mo26 like this.
  16. Sfmom

Sfmom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just used Matthew at Upgrd and am very happy I did. I did my first booking last summer and did just about everything wrong - paid through the nose for standard rates for economy, paid for tickets in my kids names rather than helping one of us get status - and if I've learned anything, it's that it is very easy to trip up. I have done what I think is a lot of research these last few months but was very worried about missing something again, and he had a handle on those small details that are so easy to get wrong. The airlines are looking every which way to charge you, and he definitely made the complicated itinerary better than I could have, got us a free one way in first and saved us points, cash and time in the process. One piece of advice though: I did a lot of searching myself as well, and that way I was able to have a realistic idea of what was out there and adjust our parameters accordingly.

Traveling Momma and edekba like this.