Looking for co-author for blog and social media marketing help

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by MightyTravels, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MightyTravels

MightyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for help promoting and editing my new blog at www.tjacobi.com. Obviously you should be interested in the Miles& Points game.

Promoting means:

- update Twitter/Facebook/Google+ feeds
    - find and make use of marketing opportunities

Editing means:

- write your own blog entries
    - help me research blog entries I already have a good idea about

This can be done from anywhere on the planet.

I can compensate your time with money/ miles or both. I'm curious to hear from you!

skyvan likes this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently fully expended but I'll do a quick copy edit for you.

curios --> curious

Additionally you provide no way to get in touch, either on your website or on here since you aren't allowing invitations to Conversations.

3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Twitter can be done with a Wordpress plugin, probably the same for Facebook and google+, not to say the you will not benift by having someone in that role.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only if you want a one-way conversation. And while many brands do that it is a horrible way to engage with customers, mostly because it is not at all engaging.

As for asking someone to produce content for your blog, I'd get a bit more specific on what you're looking for, both in terms of expected frequency and type of content.

Figuring out the "voice" you want to speak from is a significant challenge when starting up something like this. Getting that, along with content and timing consistent, is a major undertaking. Good luck.

highman123 and iolaire like this.
  5. MightyTravels

Status Points:
    Thanks Skyvan you have PM!

6. MightyTravels

Status Points:
    Seth yeas it's not easy but it's a lot of fun :) I have done this a decade ago with the first incarnation of my blog and I loved what came out of it. I realize the miles & points blogosphere is fast paced (deals, deals, deals!) but I think I can contribute with a new voice. If that's interesting it's for the readers to decide.

Whoever comes out to help will have a major role in determining the specific content and voice that gets published. Let's see where this 'ride' takes us.

7. MightyTravels

Status Points:
    Yes I do publish feeds there but I think there is more to it. A true two-way conversation will benefit readers and myself.

Oh and I have 100+ followers at Google+ and Twitter after just 10 days of blogging :)

Wandering Aramean likes this.