Looking for award availability JAX-UVF

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Andycat, Jun 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Andycat

Andycat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking for award redemption ideas for JAX-UVF 1/18/14 - 1/25/14 +/- 1 day. (Could do another week in January/February, but trying to capture MLK holiday.)

Best carriers appear to be AA, DL, US. AA shows low level coach availability for 17.5K each way (less 10% Citi rebate). Avios would be slightly less at 14.5K each way. DL and US currently show no low-level availability even searching segment by segment. We might be interested in business class if available at low-level. Should have enough miles in any of the programs for these options. UL via Newark seems too far out of the way.

We have all the airline CCs but no status.

What am I missing? Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    JetBlue also flies to UVF but the points are harder to accrue and the value proposition a bit harder to justify.

If you can find seats that works for your dates for a holiday weekend in the Caribbean there is no need to hesitate IMO. Book it.

3. Andycat

Andycat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Seth. I guess I was hoping someone would come up with a brilliant strategy to help me use my SkyPesos.... I did see Jet Blue flies UVF, but has the same issue as UA with transfer via JFK

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No partner options for Delta so you're banking on them having awards available on their own metal at the low level. Good luck with that. ;)