Looking for an AA Systemwide Upgrade - Will Reciprocate in the Future!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NeuroGuyNYC, Apr 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NeuroGuyNYC

NeuroGuyNYC New Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for a single eVIP upgrade for a long-haul flight next month. If anyone has any that are expiring soon that they aren't going to use, I would gladly pay it forward in the next round or with an award ticket in the future!

eponymous_coward likes this.
  2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be careful about that. Plenty of FlyerTalk posts about how AA cracks down on accounts where they suspect bartering or sales of AA miles/eVIPs is going on.

It would be very lame to lose your account and everything in it, or show up and find your ticket cancelled and having to answer for things to AA...

Or are you suggesting that someone donate something to you, and that you will donate something to a third party? That is probably more likely to work out...

Max M likes this.
  3. NeuroGuyNYC

NeuroGuyNYC New Member

Status Points:
    eponymous_coward, thanks for your reply. I'm aware of and not looking to break the rules, merely looking for a donation that I would later pay forward or do a giveaway post similar to those I've seen on other FF sites.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  4. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe eVIPs generally expire in February (end of program year), so you are actually looking for someone to do you a pretty big favor (since they will have ~10 months validity right now).

Good luck!

Max M and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  5. BStrauss3

BStrauss3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ANY trade, indication of trade, etc. is a violation of the T&C.