Looking for advice on best Hyatt resort to use up points....

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by clintonrebel, Jun 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. clintonrebel

clintonrebel Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the southeast, looking to burn up some Delta points and some Hyatt points. I don't want a 2,000 mile flight so I'm sticking to East Coast, Florida or Caribbean suggestions. There's nothing worse than using points for a mediocre property. Probably going for 3 or 4 nights. Thanks in advance.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  2. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might try the Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL - get a dock side villa thought I think some prefer the tower...your choice. If you go there try to catch a meal and a prickly pear margarita at the Canyon Restaurant on Sunrise - You won't regret it!

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not nearly as experienced on domestic Hyatts -- but I tend to think if you're a city guy that the Washington DC Grand Hyatt is nice... although you can find it for less than $100 some weekends, so maybe just pay for it.... That said, if you ever think you'll travel internationally, Hyatt has some really choice hotels. I've truly enjoyed Hyatts in Tokyo, Bali(Indonesia), Bangkok, Singapore, and others.... plus there are great ones on nearly every continent.

That said, if you're just looking to "use-up" the points... then perhaps your scale of value is different... but I generally only use points for rooms over $250 USD.

traveltoomuch and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

Key West and Cancun are both nice resorts.

5. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Contrary to an earlier poster, if you wanted to use up points in Washington DC, I cannot imagine that you would choose the Grand Hyatt. This is an average convention hotel. Best place by far in DC to use points is the Park Hyatt.

Tenmoc and traveltoomuch like this.
  6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Ditto on PH Hyatt. Some pretty darn awesome suites and the Blue Duck Tavern is a great restaurant.

Tenmoc, OceanBreezes and RichardInSF like this.
  7. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suggest the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando. The grounds are lovely, and there's "resort" stuff to do -- they have a huge pool, a lagoon with paddle boats, bicycles to borrow (no fee!), a pitch-and-putt, a climbing wall, etc. They have a resort fee (waived on award stays?) and charge for parking. They offer a Disney shuttle, but it's infrequent; if going to Disney, I suggest driving.

The Regency Club food offerings are pretty typical, but it has a nice balcony from which you can see bits of downtown disney and other features on the otherwise very flat landscape.

8. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I prefer to look at the redemption dollar value. If I can spend 5k HGP points for a category-1 Hyatt Place on a night when rooms in the area are $150-200+, I'm delighted. I think it's (much) more sad to burn 18k points when you could instead pay a weekend rate of under $100.

RichardInSF and Tenmoc like this.