Looking for Advice from Frequent Travelers

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by RonaG, Oct 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RonaG

RonaG New Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I'm a newbie to travelling abroad. Most of the places I went to are within my country. It's gonna be my first time to travel to Bangkok and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on accommodation. What is your all-time favorite hotel in Bangkok and why? Hope you can help me.

YULtide and miles and smiles like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint RonaG.
    I haven't been to Bangkok, but you may find some useful info for your trip in Milepoint's Thailand forum:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/forums/thailand.282/

3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    No advice on BKK, but just wanted to say welcome to MP. You'll find lots of help, regardless of the topic!

miles and smiles likes this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the best thing you can do; is find a hotel somewhere near a bTS/MRT station. With that you should be able to get most places without worry.

miles and smiles likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a really broad question - hotels run from a few dollars to many hundreds! What makes one hotel great for one person is horrible for another.
    Checking the thread above and maybe asking a more specific question in that thread is likely to get you much more useful help.

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Having stayed at everything from the Peninsula to the Holiday Inn just off Central World Plaza I have to say my favorite hotel in BKK is the Anantara Riverside Resort along the river. It became my fave when it was the Marriott Riverside Resort but was reflagged late last year but I like it so much that I might risk no hotel loyalty points just to return. Amid the hustle and bustle, a lot of calm and the pool was always peaceful. Buffet's abound so plenty to eat and choice of foods. Timely boat transportation is always a hit and drops you off at a MRT station so quite easy to catch public transportation especially if you want river transportation to various temples. Anyway, it's my personal choice in BKK and friends staying there since reflagging say it is still the best, that service remains extremely high. Quite affordable and they have suites.

7. livefastdiefun

livefastdiefun Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've traveled there pretty frequently over the years. Whats your budget? Hoping to stay on points? What about age range? Are you a young & looking to party or in need of a quiet retreat?

Give us some more details.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  8. RonaG

RonaG New Member

Status Points:
    Hi! Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I really appreciate it. The trip is with my husband. It is also our first trip together abroad. Cheap to mid-range accommodation is fine. We'd like to allot more of our budget to sight-seeing and shopping. Somewhere quiet would also be nice. My husband and I are both 26 years old. A friend of mine recommended Sukosol. Have you heard of it? Do they have nice service? It is quite expensive so I would like to know if it is worth the price. Thank you all again.

YULtide likes this.