Looking at a potential 7 hr layover in Warsaw, PL... anything to do?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jun 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been to Poland. Just looked at some award ticket options and one takes me via Warsaw on LOT to my final destination. Seven hour layover. Is it possible to see something of the city in that short amount of time, or would I basically be hanging out at the airport (hopefully lounge)?

TRAVELSIG and Kalboz like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your layover is during lunch or dinner time, don't bother looking around the airport for a decent place to eat. Because you will just waste your time. Instead, walk over to the Courtyard by Marriott just a stone's throw from the exit. They have a decent restaurant.
    However, if the weather is good, I would probably head for the historical city center.

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Warsaw is a historically interesting city. As long as your layover is not in the winter- I would head to the historical centre and take a walk around. The centre is very pleasant in the summertime. If it is is the winter- it can be extremely cold- in which case I might be inclined to stay at the Courtyard on the terminal grounds (as recommended by OY-JFS)- or schedule through another city.